Program Objective: The Crunch20 Attached Workouts are a series of 20-minute follow-along workouts that will provide RBT enthusiasts with time efficient, convenient cardio-strength workouts that they can do anywhere, anytime at any intensity level using various attached “horizontal vector” band setups.
Program Requirements: Individuals should be able to perform attached band exercises along with the ability to do modified variations of short amplitude cardio-based movements like stationary running, 2-step shuffling, step-overs, burpees, mountain climbers or crawling. All movements can be scaled to fit fitness and functional movement levels.
Equipment Requirements: 3 Pair of 41″ Quantum bands with different resistance levels, a sturdy attachment point for bands and an RBT Accessory Kit (which includes training handles, link strap and band utility strap) and a 13” Dynamic Stabilizer Band.
How to apply these workouts: All 10 Crunch20 Attached Workouts will have you performing 4 band strength exercises and 2 small space cardio band exercises programmed into a 20-minute fast-paced workout! It's the perfect anywhere, anytime total body challenge you can do at home or when traveling to:
1. Supplement your weekly workout routine with convenient band-only workouts when time demands get in the way of your regular workout plans.
2. As a stand-alone series of interval cardio-strength fat burning workouts that can be performed each day.
Workout Format: You will perform a 45-sec work set followed by a 15-sec rest/transition set while alternating through 2 attached strength exercises and 1 cardio/calisthenic type exercise. This will equal 1 round. You will repeat this sequence for 3 total rounds or a 9-minute workout circuit. You will rest 2-minutes before repeating this same 3 round sequence using 3 different attached band exercises.
How to Automate Your Workout: Crunch20 workouts are best performed using an automated workout system which allows you to eliminate having to count reps while allowing you to focus on movement quality and effort. Here are 2 options you can use to automate your workout.
1. Seconds Pro App – Seconds Pro is the RBT App of choice to help automate your workout. All workout templates can be saved and shared using this very versatile exercise app.
2. Using a Timex Ironman Watch Count-down Timer – This is what was used in the video workouts. Once you have an Ironman watch, Set count-down timer to 1-min and make sure it is on repeat mode and has a 10-sec continuous beep when the timer reaches zero. When you are ready to begin your workout, hit the start button and begin your first exercise in 15-sec. When the timer reaches zero, it will beep for 10-sec. Add 5 additional seconds and begin the next set.
Band Setups – The following 3 Band Setups will be used throughout the Crunch20 Attached Workouts. Below are video links and recommendations on when to use each setup.
1. Linked-Up Band Setup – This setup should be used for locomotion exercises that require taking more than 2 steps. This is also a great setup to increase resistance variability for single leg lower body strength exercises and single arm upper body strength exercises. Watch Video on How to Set-up
2. Training a Pair of Bands – Training upper body strength bilaterally with a pair of similar size bands is the most efficient way to perform these types of exercises. It provides a consistent resistance side to side while making transitions into other upper body exercise seamless.
3. Looping a smaller band into an attached bigger band – This setup can be used for upper body attached exercises when a pair of similar size bands is not available – Watch Video on How to Set-up